Tamron A025 SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens for Nikon DSLR Nikon F Mount Full Frame
Tamron A025 SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens
The new SP70-200mm F/2.8 G2 (Model A025) telephoto lens reimagines the highly acclaimed Model A009 with enhanced optical performance, improved VC (Vibration Compensation), faster AF speed and accuracy, and shortened MOD (Minimum Object Distance) for greater flexibility. What’s more, compatibility with optional Tamron tele converters provides additional focal length.
In keeping with the SP series’ innovative technology, the lens is designed to be durable, flexible and resilient enough to rise to any occasion.
- Every aspect of the SP 70-200mm F/2.8 G2 (Model A025) zoom has been improved, providing high image quality and enhanced bokeh throughout. Optical design features include XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion) and LD (Low Dispersion) glass to eliminate chromatic aberrations across the entire zoom range, ensuring optimum resolution— even at the edges. eBAND Coating designed exclusively for this new zoom offers superior anti- reflection properties, greatly minimizing flare and ghosting. And refined bokeh provides spectacular background effects from nearly any angle.
- Improvements to the new SP 70-200mm F/2.8 G2 extend well into the lens barrel. Tamron has reduced the MOD from 1.3m (50.7 in) in our older model to 0.95m (37.4 in), allowing a maximum magnification ratio of 1:6.1. The shorter MOD, coupled with the superb optical performance of this new zoom, allows you to significantly broaden your range of expression.
- The USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) ring-type motor, along with two high-performance microcomputers, ensures excellent focusing speed and accuracy. The Full-time Manual Focus override allows you to make fine adjustments while using AF, without having to switch from AF to MF mode.
- Tamron’s best-in-class VC* image stabilization performance is equivalent to 5 stops**, according to CIPA standards. Plus, this lens offers a choice of three VC modes, including one exclusively for panning. Now you can match the VC mode to your shooting conditions and enjoy sharp, jitter-free handheld shooting—even in low light.
- An internal zoom provides stability by minimizing changes to the center of gravity while shooting. Combined with Moisture-Proof and Dust-Resistant Construction, the internal zoom creates an easier all-around shooting experience. Also, since the total length of the barrel never changes while zooming, you can easily shoot through obstructions such as wire fencing.